Michael Dell, founder, Chairman and CEO of Dell occupied 41st position in the Billionaires list, 2012 released by Forbes magazine with a net value of US$ 15.5 billion. Michael Saul Dell did his schooling in Herod Elementary School and then Memorial High School, Houston. Being a dropped out student from University of Texas at Austin, Mr. Michael in the year 1984 started a company called PC’s Limited and with in 6 months he incorporated it as Dell Computer Corporation. Later Dell has witnessed tremendous success by entering some business segments like servers, data storage devices, HDTVs, notebooks etc,. Finally it became the world’s third largest PC manufacturer by improving its customer base across the globe. In the year 1998 Michael Dell also started MSD Capital which looks after his family’s investment activities. In the year 1999 he released a book called “Direct From Dell: Strategies That Revolutionized an Industry”
Achievements & Accolades:
- Became the “Youngest CEO“ for any company which was in the top 500 companies list released by Fortune magazine in the year 1992.
- Newyork based magazine Inc. declared him as the “Entrepreneur of the year”.
- Many other magazines listed his name as the “Top Chief Executive Officer in American Business”.
- “Man of the Year” by PC Magazine
- Member of the Governing Board of the ISB (Indian School of Business) in Hyderabad, India.
- Member of the U.S. Business Council
- Member of the U.S. President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology.
- University of Limerick honored him with doctorate in Economic Science.